Since the injury…
Years passed by…
Months of physiotherapy passed by…
I wanted so much to just return to my workout life.
That I felt so empty inside says a lot about my passion for staying fit. The period came to a halt when my physiotherapist felt I am ready to start taking some pain to strengthen muscles which need to grow. Having a trainer beside you is one of the most important things when you are starting something intense. After all, your body should be perfectly aligned when you are working out.
MY DUMBBELL PLATE
Day 1 – a circuit that kept me going on doing all 9 types of exercises. TWICE!I felt it! And, I know my next day will feel worse.
I felt it.
The 9 Exercises That Certainly Stimulated My Muscle Growth:
- Jumping Jacks – 30 reps x2
- Squat – 15 reps x1
- Dumbbell 1.25 KG each hand raise sideways together then press forward then return downwards to original position – 15 reps x1
- Alternate Lunges – 16 reps x1
- 2.5 KG single Dumbbell hold with both hands, start from upfront then raise it overhead then return to the starting position – 15 reps x1
- Alternate Leg Step-up to an elevated position upfront – 16 reps x1
- Chest Fly 1.25 KG Dumbbell hold with each hand start with a raised sideways position then press it forward then back to the original position – 15 reps x1
- Side-squat stand with both feet together, widen your right leg to the right side and squat then return and do the same towards the left – 16 reps altogether x1
- Chest push forward with 1.25 KG Dumbbell hold with each hand standing up with elbows bent, palms facing down – 15 reps x1
Finishing-up with Abdominal Muscle Contraction and More Workout:
- Planks 20 counts x2
- Pelvic raise with heel down and toes up – 20 counts x2
Stretches that Help Just Any Workout:
- Stand and bend your right knee backward holding it with your right hand and balance yourself and then do the same with the other leg – 10 counts x2
- Place right foot on an elevated position forward with toes facing up and push down your right thigh slightly using both hands and then do the same with the other leg – 10 counts x1
The post-workout feeling is magical as it did always back in the days. I am really looking forward to the next session as I need to rest my body for the muscles to heal.
The energy needed to work out is the investment that I felt like going for. It’s hard to stay active. But once you get past that stage, it’s a whole different scenario. You get addicted to the “ACTIVE YOU”.
Day ended with a bowl of cereal and a German Herb Slimming tea taken with cold water that I am experimenting with so that I do not develop extra layers of fat.
If you enjoyed this article, please share it with others! Also, check out my Day 2 workout on this fitness program!
Goodnight, Workout Enthusiasts! 😀